Did you know that in Australia support for Marriage Equality is now at 72%, with support for a conscience vote on the issue of Marriage Equality at 83%?
Australian Marriage Equality (AME) is a national organisation working for equal marriage for all consenting adults, believing a person’s gender or sexuality should not affect their legal rights and responsibilities under Australian marriage law.
By visiting the AME website (http://www.australianmarriageequality.org/) you can find a range of information, such as:
- Why Marriage Equality matters
- What is happening in Australia and around the World
- How you can get involved
- Calling for support for a federal Coalition conscience vote
- Personal stories
- Businesses, councils, corporations and individuals who support Marriage Equality
- The We’re Waiting campaign (http://www.australianmarriageequality.org/werewaiting/)
If you want to know where your local candidates stand on Marriage Equality, this website will help keep you informed: http://www.australianmarriageequality.org/vote4love/.
AME is a not for profit organisation, so donations are always welcome and funds assist with research, education campaigns, lobbying and advertising.
So become aware of what is happening in relation to Marriage Equality in Australia and see how you can help.