Marriage, Commitment Ceremonies and Renewal of Vows
Helping you prepare for your ceremony is my role and the ceremony often sets the scene for the rest of your day of celebrations. Whether you are looking for a fun, quirky, romantic or formal ceremony, let’s work together so that your ceremony is celebrating your love the way you want it to.
For all Ceremonies
As your celebrant I will:
- Provide a high standard of professional service
- Respect your privacy and treat information that you give me confidentially
- Provide you with a comprehensive Information Kit
- Give you guidance and work with you to compose a Ceremony that will meet your needs and expectations
- Be available to discuss with you any issues or changes to ensure that your Ceremony proceeds smoothly on the day
- Conduct a Ceremony rehearsal if required
- Have a suitable pen available for signing certificates
- Provide a high quality PA system
I offer a range of services to cover different styles of weddings such as elopement, a small and intimate gathering, or a larger celebration. There are many ways that you can include words, actions, music or rituals in your ceremony – perhaps you are having a themed or fancy dress wedding. The important thing is that you choose what you want as part of your ceremony to reflect how you would like to celebrate your love.
I will look after the legal components so you can focus on the personal aspects of your marriage ceremony.
There are situations where a legally binding marriage ceremony is either not possible or not necessary, for example:
- where a legal marriage has already occurred,
- where a legal marriage will occur at a later date, or
- where a couple does not wish to hold a formal marriage ceremony.
In these situations, the couple may still want to declare their love for each publicly and have their relationship officially recognised in front of family and friends, and this is where a Commitment Ceremony is ideal. You have a great deal of flexibility in the content of your ceremony, without the need to meet any legal requirements.
Registration of Your Relationship
In most States and Territories of Australia, adults who are in a relationship as a couple can apply for registration of their relationship. The relationships register provides legal recognition for a couple by registration of their relationship.
Visit the NSW Births Deaths and Marriages website for more information and application forms.
Renewal of Vows Ceremony
You may wish to renew your wedding vows for a number of reasons:
- a special anniversary;
- a turning point in your relationship;
- a new beginning; or
- just because you want to.
This is an occasion where you can be as formal or informal as you wish, with a ceremony based either on your previous ceremony or with a fresh perspective.
There are no legal requirements for a Renewal of Vows Ceremony.