What you should know
When planning a ceremony, it is important that you have a good relationship with your celebrant – this is a very special day for you and you need to be sure that your celebrant understands, and can adapt to, your needs.
I am happy to meet with you informally, and obligation free, so that we can discuss what is important to you for your ceremony and you can make a decision on whether you wish to use my services.
Once you have chosen me as your celebrant, we will arrange an Initial Meeting. I will formally confirm the Meeting details, including what you need to bring with you.
- This meeting will generally last about one hour
- Information Kit provided (see below for details of inclusions)
- Completion of Notice of Intended Marriage form (Marriage Ceremony only)
- Proof of identity produced by clients (Marriage Ceremony only)
- Payment of non-refundable deposit fee
Information Kit includes
- Ceremony Details Checklist
- Booking Form
- Suggested structure of the Ceremony
- Sample Ceremonies
- Music Suggestions
- Poetry and Reading Suggestions
- Overview of Rituals and Symbolism
Specifically for Marriage Ceremonies, the Kit will also include
- Legal Form: Notice of Intended Marriage (Form 13)
- Government Form: Happily Ever … Before and After
- Relationship Support Services Information
As your celebrant, I will be available to you by phone, email or in-person meetings. This will enable us to spend the time it takes to get your Ceremony right, ensuring you are completely satisfied that your special day will be a memorable one.
I highly recommend a Ceremony rehearsal. I have found that knowing how the Ceremony will proceed can reduce stress for the participants and allow for any last minute changes. While it is preferable to have your rehearsal at the actual venue in the few days leading up to the Ceremony, sometimes this is not possible. We can discuss alternative options if necessary.
- The fees will be dependent on the type of Ceremony you wish to hold
- My fee structure is specified in the Information Kit
- Please note that a non-refundable deposit is payable at our Initial Meeting